Sunday, September 11, 2011

A thought or two on 9/11

I was in 7th grade this day in 2001. An akward tortoise shell glasses wearing young girl, 12.5 years old, math nerd, and just about to get braces put on my teeth to correct an overbite. While that day I grew into a young woman it only partially had to do with the terrorism attack that occured that day. I was already a New York Times reading, NPR listening, investment making kind of kid. I've been going on 40 for quite some time now :P.

That day I was a scared young girl. Not only because the country was under attack and my Dad's office building was being evacuated and inside a national guard controlled area. However, menarche is a date I will never forget. I had the timing to start my very first period ever a few hours into the school day on 9/11/2001. I had been somewhat prepared by school or my mom or my peers for starting my period but it was none the less scary to have it for the very first time. I will never forget 9/11/2001.

0 comments:

Post a Comment