Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rise Above and Give Thanks

I realise that while there are a lot of things in life that might be nice if they went another way, I have a lot going for me. I live in a place where I can freely express myself, have access to excellent medical care, and have employment (I also live in a place where we as a nation do a lot of dumb stuff... but that is a whole different matter). I do not have to worry about where my next meal is coming from or how I will get from point A to point B. There are so many blessings in my life. Some of the big ones include:
1) Not having to use an epi-pen (yet, hopefully ever... I can hope :P)
2) Having found the fight for fitness again.
3) A family and an adopted extended "family" who loves me.
4) I am relatively controlled asthma and allergy wise. Overall I'm fairly healthy for being chronically ill :P.
5) Freedom of Speech that lets me write stuff here. :)
6) The opportunity to rise to the challenge and take on leadership.


Life has definitely thrown down the gauntlet and I have risen to the challenge. I feel very blessed that I have found the strength to rise above or a least give my best shot at rising above the bumps in the road. I have always been a fighter and will always be fighter. This is something that I have always had to be to make it this far in life. My will power and gratitude for those who have helped me out have brought me to the point at which I stand now. It is important to take this chance to step back and really think about how good I've got it. With this comes the realization that I don't let the challenges in life get me down very easily. I had a time where I grieved for the loss of the life I knew before asthma and latex allergies. However, I find a way to drag myself out of be each morning and cease seize the day. Thanksgiving reminds me to be thankful for the blessing of willpower, family and friends who cheer me up and share good and bad times with  me, and asthma meds. Hope you all are having a great day and enjoying some delicious foods and the company of those you love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean "seize" the day?

I like this post. It's easy to forget to be thankful for things we take for granted - like running water, freedom of speech, technology, medical care, education, etc. Thanks!

Kat said...

Yes, I can never remember the correct spelling for seize.

Post a Comment