Saturday, April 24, 2010

Carpe Diem!

Okay, so my journey of life has been pretty decent up to this point... nothing to out of the ordinary. This last year or so has really gotten me down. It's just hard to make yourself get out of bed in the morning when your chest is tight and you can feel your abs getting toned from coughing so often and hard. And yet I know on the grand scale of things I have it good. I have insurance, I can afford my meds(kind of... this month has been tight but paychecks will come soon). Last night I got to rock out at the Flogging Molly Concert which was awesome! It was a great escape from life to just be able to sit back and enjoy some irish punk rock. In all honesty I was probably not well enough to be there. However, as usual I won't admit defeat and stay home and rest. This morning I definitely felt better. I'm down right exhausted but breathing better than I have been the last week or so.
I'm really ready to cut out my inhaler dependency for a few weeks. I really want to be able to power walk a 5k for my birthday and I can't do that right now with the shape I'm in. I know that I'm in good enough shape for all this stuff I just need to make my lungs cooperate. I'm behaving for the most part so hopefully my lungs will do their part too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment