Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Why Blog?

So I've decided to start this blog to help me process the things in my life that I can not control but are parts of my life none the less. About a month ago, I had my first real asthma flare ever. It was scary, manageable but scary. I have pretty strong lungs from all the swimming and biking I do. My asthma is pretty mild. Since that I've been scared to take the things too hard and slide back down that slippery wheezy slope. Quite frankly, I'm sick of being sick. I don't want to sound like a whiny bitch. However, I'm 20 years old when I'm well I take 6 pills and 4 puffs of my controller inhaler a day. That's just not normal at this age. I'm hoping writing about things will help me find a happier place a place where I can run in the medows and not have to think about whether I'll start wheezing and coughing and sounding like a "dying lung cancer patient" as one friend put it. I got to hang out in the woods two afternoons this past weekend. It was really freeing to know that I could make it 6 miles round trip on my bike to the hiking trail and then hike for 5 miles round trip. I made it without having to pull out my inhaler once. It was great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment