Wednesday, May 19, 2010

1 Week Down, 51 days to go

So I've officially finished my first week of couch to 5k training yesterday. I'm 51 days away from the 5k for Haiti. It's felt great getting a little bit of running going. It's been rather warm around here and so I should really remember the sunblock. I came close to a sunburn during yesterday's run. I really am happy that I've finally taken the initiative to get up off the couch and run.
My lungs have been behaving pretty well considering how the pollen, pollution, and all that jazz have been around here. I'm hoping that my usual tightness and short of breath from it being that time for my monthly visitor will pass soon. I really want to be able to go out and pound the pavement at 100%. However, right now I'm feeling about 80-85% which I'll take. I usually am feeling absolutely miserable this time of the month. I'm hoping I'm really out of the woods on the spring allergies/asthma flare. We'll see what happens. 
I've said it before and I'll probably say it a thousand times. However, I definitely need to sit down with my PCP and have a talk about how this level of control isn't working for me. I'm hoping that she'll give me a referral to an allergist but if she can take care of things for me then I'm cool with that too. I just want to get to the point where I can breathe and not be congested more days than I am congested/not breathing well. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo for getting out there! That's awesome! Good luck!

-Elisheva

Post a Comment