Monday, June 28, 2010

Still living in the Yellow Submarine

So the hot muggy weather is still here for some fun breathing conditions. It seems to be temporarily giving us a reprive for the next day or two but then it will be back in full force no doubt. I thus have been not getting much training in for the 5k which disconcerts me as it is a mere 12 days away and I'm not looking too good for getting the running in I need to really be ready for the race. I'm not really trying to break any records or place or anything. I just really want to be able to run it.
However, as of late the lungs have been doing a fun almost flare thing. I'm not exactly flaring. I'm hovering right on the yellow/green line 78-81 percent up to 85 right after meds-o'clock. I definitely had a bit of an attack yesterday after I ran down 3 flights of stairs, across the street, and up 2 flights of stairs in under a minute to try to catch the train(I made it through the closing doors). I was talking to a friend on the train and every few words I would have to stop to breathe. My chest was super tight and I kinda sounded wheezy with a light cough but it was hard to tell since I barely had a voice from all the talking at work. 
I'm not sure but it felt like I might have been air trapping. I can't tell if I was just feeling way super tight or if it was more of a feeling of air being stuck in my lungs that made me feel so miserable. Today I've just felt tight and slightly labored in the breathing dept. My posture has definitely taken on a kind of hunched over stance when seated that makes it easier to draw in air.  I'm not at the point of calling the Doctor yet. I clear up with a hit or two of ventolin so nothing too serious right now. However, I'm hoping this is just a little dip in the road that will flatten it self out in the next day or two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment